How to Comment:

Tap the quote mark to comment on articles.

Mercer

Raise your hand if you’ve recently had a thoroughly positive conversation about healthcare in America, like one where people were smiling and talking about how great it is. No one mentioned the soaring costs, 3-minute doctor visits, confusing bills, or any other negative experience.

Helpful
Not Helpful
Expand Story

Your new employee is 26 years old. He’s rarely sick -- maybe some occasional weekend-warrior soreness. His biggest health expense is his refrigerator full of grape Mountain Dew Kickstarts.

Helpful
Not Helpful
Expand Story

You’ve heard it before: It takes great health benefits to attract a great pool of talent. But as an SMB (Small or Midsize Business), you’re scratching your head over how to offer the buffet of options new employees expect.

Helpful
Not Helpful
Expand Story

You remember the old algebra formulas from school: 3X + 2 = 11. Solve for X.

Now you’re solving problems in the business world. If you’re in charge of health benefits, solving for “X” means: Solve for lower premiums. Solve for more choice. Solve for higher quality, more efficiency, and better adherence.

Helpful
Not Helpful
Expand Story

Navigating healthcare is a challenge. The market has responded by bringing together an array of tools to guide consumers. This is a fictionalized account of one patient’s journey.

April 10

So I wiped out on the bike today in the strangest possible way. I was training for this year’s NYC Five Boro Bike Tour when I got distracted by a man on a unicycle juggling bagels and lost control. I can’t believe it! Only in New York. My bike is okay but I’m out of commission. I hopped over to the sidewalk and called an Uber back home. My right knee looks pointed inwards and the Internet says that could mean a torn ACL. I’m going to ice my knee, take some Advil, and hope I’m wrong.

-Karen

Helpful
Not Helpful
Expand Story

You’ve been providing health benefits to your retirees for years. You’re glad you can: It rewards loyalty, protects people that you consider to be valued colleagues, and promotes engagement within your business. But as health reform adds to administrative burdens and the need to control cost intensifies, it feels like each day there’s less time to manage the retiree program.

Helpful
Not Helpful
Expand Story